Catholicism came to Platte County by way of the Jesuit Kickapoo Indian Mission in June 1836. The first Baptism was registered March 14, 1841, in Weston, Platte County. The parish was founded as a part of the Archdiocese of St. Louis in 1842. Members cut the trees, hewed the timbers and fired the bricks for the original church. The first Pastor, Father Francis Rutkowski, a former Polish Count, solicited gifts from European royalty to furnish the church. The present Church was dedicated October 27, 1912.
To sign up for electronic giving, or
for one-time gifts, click below.